What was discussed at last week’s meeting:
Outline of rough schedule of Ladyfest:
Friday 6th July – Clubnight/comedy (at Hatchet? TBC)
Saturday 7th July – Music at The Fleece (confirmed)
Sunday 8th July – Cinema, workshops, exhibitions and misc. activities in Stokes Croft area (The Art House and No 51 confirmed, looking into others – Hamilton House, Cafe Kino etc)
– Art exhibition at Cafe on the Square?
Potential sponsors identified – PRS sponsorship scheme for women; Watershed; Arnolfini; Rise.
Changes to be made to current pitch:
· Include some strong statistics about presence of women within arts and entertainment industries
· State clear aims of what we’d like to achieve from the event
· Draw more heavily on community engagement as well as benefits to young people etc.
· May 7th: sweet stall at Redland May Fair
· Pub quiz at Cafe on the Square
· Gigs (Mother’s Ruin/Stag and Hounds, No 51, Mr Wolf’s all keen to be involved)
· Jumble sale
· Hydra Books have also offered space
· Flyers and posters – Darcie at art college so can help/spread the word.
>> Logo competition launched now: https://bristolladyfest.wordpress.com/submissions/logo-design-competition/ Please share and spread the word.
· Shared radio contacts including BBC Bristol, Bristol Uni radio, The Other Woman
· Magazines – Venue, Evening Post, free music listings magazines
· Online – Facebook, blogs
Discussed performance/contribution stipulations and agreed.
Volunteer sign up:
We will need the following –
Roadies/technical – Abi is a stage and production manager
Floor space – can performers stay at your house? (University halls?)
Feminism 101 – Sian
Gasworks Choir – Maddy’s mum
Look into having a pop up shop
Rita – contact for Viv Albertine
Since the meeting:
· Fundraisers starting to take shape – Hello Bear gig in March (venue TBC) and Mother’s Ruin or Stag and Hounds in April? Any band suggestions for these would be welcome!
· Gabby will be helping us to pitch to businesses. If anyone thinks of any other potential sponsors, drop us an email!
· Maddy’s got a list of potential workshop facilitators for Sunday
· Looking into applying for grants
We will be in touch about our next meeting soon; in the meantime, our website is here.
And, as of today, we now have a Facebook page! Please ‘like’ and share: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bristol-Ladyfest/165180616926826